The NFHS is comprised of a membership of more than 50 state associations and affiliates involving 20,000 high schools, 500,000 coaches and directors, and 500,000 officials and judges. The combined efforts of these organizations and individuals provide a wide range of athletic, speech, debate, music and theatre activities for nearly 12 million high school students.
The NFHS Music Association is a national network of music directors, adjudicators and state coordinators of music activities. Its basic purpose is to improve the level and quality of participation and adjudication at high school festivals/contests within each state and among the several states.
The mission of the NFHS Music Association is to identify and meet the common needs of music educators who participate in or sponsor high school interscholastic activities, an educational extension of the school music curriculum.
To Achieve This Mission, the NFHS Music
Association Will Seek To:
• Stimulate an exchange of ideas that will minimize duplication of efforts
• Advocate stronger ties between state and regional programs
• Offer a network of communication
• Provide resources to enhance the quality of music festival/contest adjudication
• Publish and disseminate relevant materials
• Provide member services Benefits
• Excess liability insurance
• A subscription to the NFHS Music Association Journal
• A subscription to High School Today
• Training materials for music festival management and adjudication
• Membership card
• State contacts knowledgeable about music activities and adjudication
Your membership in the NFHS Music Association provides insurance coverage, including excess general liability, excess accidental medical and dental, and accidental death and dismemberment. Coverage is included as part of your membership for no additional fee.
This insurance shall apply only while the member is acting in the capacity of a school/interscholastic music director or adjudicator for elementary, middle school and high school-age children, or while attending any meeting sponsored by a national, state or local music association specifically designed for music educators.
One annual payment provides member benefits for one year from the date payment is received by the NFHS. Join online or download additional. For membership outside the United States, please write to the NFHS for current membership fees.
Check the music resources page of the NFHS Web for information regarding our music programs. On this site you will find:
• Product information for the NFHS Adjudicator Training Package, including both a DVD and a CD-ROM which contains valuable printed materials on adjudication.
• Music adjudication forms, which you can download for use with your contests and festivals.
• Two types of forms (NFHS and NMAC) are available for a variety of mediums, including:
- Solo Show Choir
- Large Group Choral
- Show/Jazz Choir Band/Orchestra
- Small Ensemble Vocal/Jazz
- Piano-Harp Solo Instrumental Jazz
- Percussion Solo/Ensemble
- Marching Band
• A list of articles that have appeared in recent issues of the NFHS Music Association
• Details regarding the NFHS Music Association Outstanding Music Educator recognition program, as well as a list of recent recipients.
• Links to related music sites.
NFHS and NMAC Forms