Research continues to support the fact that parents play a key role in student behavior throughout the teen years. What parents do and say has a direct effect on their children's behavior, especially if there is consistency between their behavior and their words. Below is a brief list of ideas about your role as a parent in preventing and responding to hazing This section on the role of parents will be expanded in future website versions.
- Signing an acknowledgement form about anti-hazing policy; using this as a teachable moment
- Creating environment that supports non-hazing behavior
- Discussing hazing with your children
- Attending pre-season meeting
- Being a resource for positive team-building activities
- Promoting anti-hazing programs through your booster clubs